Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
A very moist cupcake--children love them.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
chocolate chip filling
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 8 ounces ghirardelli milk chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, stir together the first 5 ingredients.
- In another bowl, beat together water, oil and vanilla.
- Gradually add to the dry ingredients, stirring until well blended.
- Fill 18 cupcake liners half full of batter.
- Beat the filling ingredients and put a tablespoon of the filling on each cupcake, on top of the chocolate batter.
- Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes.
These are ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC. Even after storing the leftovers( I made Texas size cupcakes) in the refrig. for 2 weeks they were still delicious, if not better than before. This is a MUST TRY!!!!!
These cupcakes were fantastic. They were a hit at my office. I received many complements on how they were the best cupcakes ever!! Thanks for the recipe. I will be making these again.
Fantastic. Made these for my Valentine and he was very impressed. Made a few in heart shaped muffin tins and served piping hot with some vanilla ice cream and fresh raspberries. The rest were in regular muffin tins and we've been eating them all week. They are delish! Thanks for posting. Will make again for sure.