Recipe by Lvs2Cook
Combines white chocolate and chocolate into a delicious cookie. Plan ahead as dough needs to chill for 1 hour. Chilling time is not included in prep or cook time.
Top Review by kiwidutch
Wonderful! These even survived a slight improvisition (blush) because I didn't have quite enough bittersweet chocolate ( I added a little cocoa powder and some extra white choc chips) They turned out great! my 6 year old DD helped roll them out - we made balls and flattened them ever so slightly and the result is a very rich chocolatey cookie. Indeed these are so rich that I think I will roll these half size next time. Don't try and remove these too quickly from the oven tray the mixture is rather soft at first and needs to cool a little longer than I thought to be firm enough to transfer to the cooling rack ..we broke the first ones we tried to move too early. Delicious ! Please see my rating system: 4 excellent stars for a wonderful chocolate Birthday treat ! Thanks !
- 12 ounces bittersweet chocolate or 12 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup butter, cut into chunks
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 8 -10 ounces coarsely chopped white chocolate or 2 cups white chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- In a heatproof bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water (but not touching it), stir bittersweet chocolate and butter until smooth, 5 minutes.
- Remove bowl from over water; whisk in sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
- In another bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add to chocolate mixture and stir until well blended.
- Stir in white chocolate.
- Cover and chill dough until firm, at least 1 hour.
- Shape dough into 2-inch balls and place about 3 inches apart on buttered or cooking parchment-lined 12- by 15-inch baking sheets.
- Bake until set at the edges but still soft in the center, 12 to 15 minutes; if baking more than one pan at a time, switch pan positions halfway through baking.
- Let cool for 5 minutes on sheets; transfer to racks to cool completely.