Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
These cookies contain ground coffee which gives them an interesting texture and the two colors of chocolate add visual appeal.
- 354.88 ml all-purpose flour
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 1.23 ml salt
- 158.51 ml unsalted butter, softened
- 118.29 ml white sugar
- 118.29 ml firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 4.92 ml instant coffee powder (dissolved in the vanilla extract)
- 7.39 ml pure vanilla extract
- 19.71 ml fine ground coffee
- 118.29 ml semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 118.29 ml white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease 2 baking sheets or line them with parchment paper.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt into a small bowl; set aside.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed, cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy, scraping the bowl to make sure the batter is evenly blended.
- Add the egg, instant coffee-vanilla mixture and ground coffee and blend on medium speed about 1 minute.
- Add the flour mixture and mix on medium speed until blended, about 1 minute.
- Stir in both kinds of chocolate chips with a wooden spoon.
- Drop the dough by tablespoonfuls onto the baking sheets, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake 1 sheet at a time for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the cookies are golden around the edges (check early).
- Cool cookies on wire racks.
Really great! We don't have chocolate chips here, so I chopped up a 100g bar of white chocolate and one of milk chocolate. Baked at 190C for 10 minutes.
Wonderful! Loved these cookies! I managed to get 28 and that dough is to die for. Made for Kim's Regional Alphabet Tag but serves double duty as it will also be in this month's Kaffee Klastch Tag Game. Jen is on target, 10 minutes is perfect timing.
Eureka! The coffee lover's dream cookie! These are very good chocolate chip cookies with a subtle coffee flavor. (The uncooked dough has a STRONG coffee flavor and is to die for!) Some people might wonder about the tiny black speckles throughout the cookies - is it pepper?? So these would be best for a small group so you can explain that they contain coffee. The recipe made 24 regular sized cookies and they were done baking in 10 minutes.