Recipe by Annacia
These cookies contain ground coffee which gives them an interesting texture and the two colors of chocolate add visual appeal.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee powder (dissolved in the vanilla extract)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 4 teaspoons fine ground coffee
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup white chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease 2 baking sheets or line them with parchment paper.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt into a small bowl; set aside.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed, cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy, scraping the bowl to make sure the batter is evenly blended.
- Add the egg, instant coffee-vanilla mixture and ground coffee and blend on medium speed about 1 minute.
- Add the flour mixture and mix on medium speed until blended, about 1 minute.
- Stir in both kinds of chocolate chips with a wooden spoon.
- Drop the dough by tablespoonfuls onto the baking sheets, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake 1 sheet at a time for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the cookies are golden around the edges (check early).
- Cool cookies on wire racks.