1/3 Photos of Black and White Coffee Chip Cookies
These cookies contain ground coffee which gives them an interesting texture and the two colors of chocolate add visual appeal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee powder (dissolved in the vanilla extract)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 4 teaspoons fine ground coffee
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease 2 baking sheets or line them with parchment paper.
- 2Sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt into a small bowl; set aside.
- 3In a large bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed, cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy, scraping the bowl to make sure the batter is evenly blended.
- 4Add the egg, instant coffee-vanilla mixture and ground coffee and blend on medium speed about 1 minute.
- 5Add the flour mixture and mix on medium speed until blended, about 1 minute.
- 6Stir in both kinds of chocolate chips with a wooden spoon.
- 7Drop the dough by tablespoonfuls onto the baking sheets, about 2 inches apart.
- 8Bake 1 sheet at a time for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the cookies are golden around the edges (check early).
- 9Cool cookies on wire racks.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black and White Coffee Chip Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (32 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 146.9
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 22.0 mg
- Sodium 59.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 12.6 g
- Protein 1.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: