Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cold weather is just around the corner. This will warm your tummy and it tastes great! Top with cheese or sour cream if you'd like. Good with tortilla chips too!
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 14 ounces chicken broth
- 2 fresh jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 2 (15 ounce) cans great northern beans, undrained
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Cut chicken into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Spray large, deep pot or saucepan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Heat over medium-high. Add chicken; cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add onion, chilies and garlic. Cook 5 minutes longer, stirring occasionally. Add remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 20 to 30 minutes or until chicken is done (internal temp 170°F).