1 hr 15 mins
Roxanne J.R.'s Note:
From Martha Stewart Holiday Sweets
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened dutch cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1Spray a 9 x 13 baking pan with cooking spray.
- 2Line the pan with parchment paper, leaving a 2-inch overhang on the long sides, then spray the parchment with cooking spray.
- 3Sift flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt into a large bowl.
- 4In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar on medium-high speed until smooth.
- 5Add 2 eggs and 2 teaspoons of vanilla to the butter mixture and beat until smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- 6Reduce the mixer speed to low and gradually add the flour mixture.
- 7Once all of the flour is incorporated, increase mixer speed to medium and beat until fully incorporated. The batter will be heavy!
- 8Preheat over to 325°F
- 9Set aside 1 cup of the cookie dough - cover and refrigerate.
- 10Press the remaining dough into the prepared baking pan.
- 11Chill for 30 minutes then bake until the base is set and the edges are puffed, about 25 minutes.
- 12Cool completely in the pan on a wire rack.
- 13Meanwhile, combine the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, 1 egg and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla in a medium bowl.
- 14Spread over the cooled base.
- 15Remove the reserved cookie dough from the fridge and let it soften slightly.
- 16The cookie dough can be crumbled on top of the cheesecake layer or, if you prefer, you can use a pastry bag fitted with a large plain tip to pipe the dough in diagonal lines (going both ways) over the top of the cheesecake layer.
- 17Bake until the filling is set, 25-30 minutes.
- 18Let cool completely in the pan on a wire rack.
- 19Once cool refrigerate briefly then, using the overhanging parchment, lift the bars out. Trim the edges and cut into individual bars.
- 20Bars can be refrigerated up to 3 days in an airtight container.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black-And-White Cheesecake Bars
Serving Size: 1 (73 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 298.6
- Calories from Fat 151
- Total Fat 16.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 74.7 mg
- Sodium 167.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 23.1 g
- Protein 3.9 g