Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
From Martha Stewart Holiday Sweets
Make and share this Black-And-White Cheesecake Bars recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened dutch cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar, sifted
- Spray a 9 x 13 baking pan with cooking spray.
- Line the pan with parchment paper, leaving a 2-inch overhang on the long sides, then spray the parchment with cooking spray.
- Sift flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt into a large bowl.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar on medium-high speed until smooth.
- Add 2 eggs and 2 teaspoons of vanilla to the butter mixture and beat until smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Reduce the mixer speed to low and gradually add the flour mixture.
- Once all of the flour is incorporated, increase mixer speed to medium and beat until fully incorporated. The batter will be heavy!
- Preheat over to 325°F
- Set aside 1 cup of the cookie dough - cover and refrigerate.
- Press the remaining dough into the prepared baking pan.
- Chill for 30 minutes then bake until the base is set and the edges are puffed, about 25 minutes.
- Cool completely in the pan on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, combine the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, 1 egg and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla in a medium bowl.
- Spread over the cooled base.
- Remove the reserved cookie dough from the fridge and let it soften slightly.
- The cookie dough can be crumbled on top of the cheesecake layer or, if you prefer, you can use a pastry bag fitted with a large plain tip to pipe the dough in diagonal lines (going both ways) over the top of the cheesecake layer.
- Bake until the filling is set, 25-30 minutes.
- Let cool completely in the pan on a wire rack.
- Once cool refrigerate briefly then, using the overhanging parchment, lift the bars out. Trim the edges and cut into individual bars.
- Bars can be refrigerated up to 3 days in an airtight container.