Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Delicious cookies that are so light, but oh so good.
Make and share this Black and White Cake Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup applesauce
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons 2% low-fat milk, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- Preheat oven to 375°F Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Set applesauce in a fine sieve to drain while you prepare the other ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth, 1-2 minutes. Beat in applesauce, vanilla and lemon juice. Add in egg whites and beat until well combined. Stir in flour mixture until batter is smooth.
- Drop batter two tablespoonfuls at a time onto the prepared baking sheet. Smooth slightly to form nice, round circles.
- Bake for 10 minutes, until set but not browned.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.