Black and White Cake Cookies
- Preheat oven to 375°F Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Set applesauce in a fine sieve to drain while you prepare the other ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth, 1-2 minutes. Beat in applesauce, vanilla and lemon juice. Add in egg whites and beat until well combined. Stir in flour mixture until batter is smooth.
- Drop batter two tablespoonfuls at a time onto the prepared baking sheet. Smooth slightly to form nice, round circles.
- Bake for 10 minutes, until set but not browned.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.