Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe was a finalist in the Pillsbury Bake-Off in 1992. It is one of my daughter's favorites!
Make and share this Black and White Brownies recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (19 1/2 ounce) boxrich and moist fudge brownie mix
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (6 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips (1 cup)
- 1 (12 ounce) package white chocolate chips, divided (2 cups)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 3 -4 tablespoons hot water
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2-1 cup pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease bottom only of a 13x9" pan.
- Mix brownie mix, water, oil and eggs.
- Beat 50 strokes.
- Add 1/2 cup pecans, 1 cup chocolate chips and 1 cup white chocolate chips.
- Spread in pan and bake 28-34 minutes until center is set.
- Melt remaining 1 cup of white chocolate chips in microwave and spread evenly over brownies with the back of a spoon.
- In a small bowl mix all the frosting ingredients except the pecan halves.
- Beat until smooth (It will be thin).
- Spoon over white chocolate chips to cover.
- Arrange pecan halves over frosting.
- Cool 1 1/2 hours or until completely cool.
- Cut into bars.
I really hardly ever buy brownies from a mix. I actually went out and bought a box of Duncan Heines brownies to make this recipe, and I'm very glad that I did. The kids just inhaled these babies and wanted more. They were very interesting to look at, what with the chip and pecan-filled brownies, white chocolate "filling" and the frosting on top. For the brownies themselves I used regular pecans, but for the frosting part I used Chinese pecans, which are sweetened. I'm going to make these again, but I'd like to try it with my regular "from scratch" brownie recipe.
These brownies are so good, but very rich. Maybe a little too rich for me, however, that won't stop me from eating them. LOL I only had 1 cup of white choc. chips, so I decided to add it to the brownie mix, I had extra choc. chips, so I used that for the frosting. So mine were more of a black and black brownie. Also no nuts, or the kids wouldn't eat them. These brownies were great, and definitely a chocoholic's dream come true!
tasty treat verysimple it uses things thst are usually in your household (if you have a sweet tooth kid) so you dont have to go and spend that much money !