When the snow flies, I like to make Chili, with and without meat. This is a variation on black bean chili I came up with one night and liked. Add some shredded chicken or cubed pork to it if you like.
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can white beans, rinsed
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn kernels, rinsed
- 1 (16 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup chili relish
- 1 -2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- In a large pot, heat oil and sauté onions.
- Add rest through chili relish (separate recipe as Chile Relish). Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat & simmer 15-20 minute (If you decide to add cooked chicken or pork, add it now & let simmer 30-40 min)
- Add Cumin and Salt to taste, add celery & simmer another 5 minute.
This was very good and spiced just right. It was simple to make since each ingredient is either an onion or a can of beans, etc. Will certainly make again. Made for PAC Fall 2009.