Recipe by Chef Grizzly
When the snow flies, I like to make Chili, with and without meat. This is a variation on black bean chili I came up with one night and liked. Add some shredded chicken or cubed pork to it if you like.
Top Review by threeovens
This was very good and spiced just right. It was simple to make since each ingredient is either an onion or a can of beans, etc. Will certainly make again. Made for PAC Fall 2009.
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can white beans, rinsed
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn kernels, rinsed
- 1 (16 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup chili relish
- 1 -2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot, heat oil and sauté onions.
- Add rest through chili relish (separate recipe as Chile Relish). Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat & simmer 15-20 minute (If you decide to add cooked chicken or pork, add it now & let simmer 30-40 min)
- Add Cumin and Salt to taste, add celery & simmer another 5 minute.