A hearty soup that is a meal in a bowl.
Make and share this Black and White Bean Chicken Chili recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups white shoepeg corn, frozen
- 1 (15 ounce) can white beans, rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, undrained
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Heat oil in dutch oven or large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onions and garlic; cook until onions are tender.
- (Have chicken broth ready) Stir in flour, chili powder, cumin and salt. Note: If you use a bullion cube to make the chicken broth, you might want to reduce or leave out the salt.
- Gradually stir in chicken broth until thickened. Add 2 cups of milk and continue stirring.
- Add remaining ingredients except cilantro; stir to combine. Bring to a low boil, but watch for scorching of milk.
- Reduce heat; simmer 15 minutes. Stir in chopped cilantro.
- Garnish with crushed taco chips, sour cream, fresh cilantro and hot sauce if you like.