1/1 Photo of Black and White Bean Chicken Chili
A hearty soup that is a meal in a bowl.
My Private Note
1 1/3 c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups white shoepeg corn, frozen
- 1 (15 ounce) can white beans, rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, undrained
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1Heat oil in dutch oven or large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onions and garlic; cook until onions are tender.
- 2(Have chicken broth ready) Stir in flour, chili powder, cumin and salt. Note: If you use a bullion cube to make the chicken broth, you might want to reduce or leave out the salt.
- 3Gradually stir in chicken broth until thickened. Add 2 cups of milk and continue stirring.
- 4Add remaining ingredients except cilantro; stir to combine. Bring to a low boil, but watch for scorching of milk.
- 5Reduce heat; simmer 15 minutes. Stir in chopped cilantro.
- 6Garnish with crushed taco chips, sour cream, fresh cilantro and hot sauce if you like.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black and White Bean Chicken Chili
Serving Size: 1 (2766 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 470.6
- Calories from Fat 112
- Total Fat 12.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 46.3 mg
- Sodium 425.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.9 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 29.8 g