Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a quick, not-too-spicy bean soup that is great served with sandwiches or salad for an easy supper.
- 1 (11 ounce) can white shoepeg corn, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canchili-style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Combine all ingredients in a large suacepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until heated through.
- Add more"heat" if desired with jalapenos or hot sauce.