Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Rich chocolate brownie pie, vanilla ice cream and strawberries, put a smile on my face!
- 1 (21 ounce) packagechewy fudge brownie mix
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie crust
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen strawberries, sliced and sweetened or 10 ounces fresh sweetened sliced berries
- 1 quart good quality vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine mix, eggs, oil and water in large bowl.
- Stir with spoon until blended.
- Stir in chips.
- Place pie crust in 9 inch pie pan and flute edges.
- Spoon brownies into crust.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until set.
- Cool completely.
- Puree strawberries in blender.
- Cut pie in 8 wedges and top with a scoop of ice cream and cover with strawberries.
This was one of the best desserts I have tasted. I made a few changes in order to use what I had on hand. (My changes made it much more calorie-loaded,I'm afraid). I used three plain Hershey bars broken into small pieces on top of the crust before adding HALF of the brownie mixture, broke up 3 MORE Hershey bars on top of the first layer of brownie mixture, then added the rest of brownie dough on top of that. I baked for 42 minutes, allowed it to cool on a wire rack. For serving, I topped each wedge of the pie with strawberry ice cream and than the sliced, lightly sweetened strawberries. It was absolutely decadent and loved by all the women in my "Yakety Yak Lunch Bunch" to whom I served it. Thanks for a wonderful dessert recipe.