This is a staple in our house. Serve it with tortillas, quesadillas, or tortilla chips and it's dinner! I usually assemble it the night before, stash it in the fridge and plug it in before I leave for work. My husband spices it up with hot sauce, but for my daughter and I, it's good as is. It's another recipe someone shared at a school potluck lunch :) Oh, and I'm totally guessing on the servings...
- 1 1⁄2 cups onions, chopped
- 1 1⁄4 cups carrots, sliced
- 2 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes (Mexican style if you can get them)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- Combine everything in the pot, and cook on Low for about 8-9 hours.
- Garnish with grated cheese, sour cream, cilantro, etc.
- Freezes great.
- Crumbled sauteed chorizo is yummy in this.