1/1 Photo of Black and Red Mexican Slow Cooker Soup
8 hrs 20 mins
This is a staple in our house. Serve it with tortillas, quesadillas, or tortilla chips and it's dinner! I usually assemble it the night before, stash it in the fridge and plug it in before I leave for work. My husband spices it up with hot sauce, but for my daughter and I, it's good as is. It's another recipe someone shared at a school potluck lunch :) Oh, and I'm totally guessing on the servings...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups onions, chopped
- 1 1/4 cups carrots, sliced
- 2 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes (Mexican style if you can get them)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1Combine everything in the pot, and cook on Low for about 8-9 hours.
- 2Garnish with grated cheese, sour cream, cilantro, etc.
- 3Freezes great.
- 4Crumbled sauteed chorizo is yummy in this.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black and Red Mexican Slow Cooker Soup
Serving Size: 1 (550 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 428.5
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1720.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 84.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 18.7 g
- Sugars 18.3 g
- Protein 22.4 g