Recipe by DeeCooks
This is a staple in our house. Serve it with tortillas, quesadillas, or tortilla chips and it's dinner! I usually assemble it the night before, stash it in the fridge and plug it in before I leave for work. My husband spices it up with hot sauce, but for my daughter and I, it's good as is. It's another recipe someone shared at a school potluck lunch :) Oh, and I'm totally guessing on the servings...
Top Review by Motivated Mama
We loved this soup! It was so easy and tasty without any effort. I didn't realize I was low on carrots so I used sweet potato instead and used a 24oz can of diced tomatoes and a 14.5oz can of roasted tomatoes with green chills. I also omitted the sugar and added a red bell pepper. I was very impressed with the outcome of this soup. Thank you for posting!
- 1 1⁄2 cups onions, chopped
- 1 1⁄4 cups carrots, sliced
- 2 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes (Mexican style if you can get them)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies