Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is low fat with tons of flavor and fiber. A quick, easy weeknight meal. Serve with corn chips and a green salad. From Quick Fix Meals with Robin Miller on foodnetwork.com.
- 2 cups instant brown rice
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1 tablespoon onion flakes
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (11 ounce) can corn, drained
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients in a large saucepan and set pan over medium-high heat.
- Bring to a simmer. Fold in rice and season to taste with salt and black pepper.
Served this as a stuffing for Chipotle Grill Style Chicken Burritos Recipe #216349. Quick and easy. I recommend the addition of the juice of a single lime, and about 1/4 cup of fresh cilantro.
Yum!! Left out the corn, added sausage, and used 1/2 can of Rotel instead of salsa...easy and cheap...
Very filling and makes a ton. I served mine with just a sprinkling of grated lowfat mozzarella cheese. I'm going to try the leftovers rolled in tortillas for lunch!