Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is one of the few recipes that DH makes and makes well. I'm not sure where he found the recipe but I had to post. It is so good!
- 4 tuna steaks
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon cayenne
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 6 ounces Grey Poupon Dijon Mustard
- 3⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 green bell pepper, julienned
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 small onion, sliced thin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Heat olive oil in saucepan and saute peppers and onion with salt, pepper and oregano.
- In a small bowl mix all spices for tuna and season steaks on all sides. About 2 minute per side.
- Heat skillet on high and sear tuna on all sides in olive oil.
- In a bowl combine ingredients for mustard sauce.
- To serve slice tuna 1/4 inch thick and top with sauce and vegetables.
Great recipe! Easy fast and tasty!!!
What a waste of expensive ahi--I cut the cayenne to 1 tsp.--still too spicy. I used low-sodium soy sauce--still too salty! DH tasted the sauce and said "Yuck!" Sorry, but we didn't like it at all!