Prep 30 mins
Cook 7 mins
This is the way my family likes me to make Pasta salad. Use the Italian-style dressing or vinaigrette you like best.
- 198.44 g package tortellini
- 113.39 g deli ham (purchase cut in a solid slab)
- 236.59 ml broccoli floret (cut small)
- 170.09 g jar marinated artichoke hearts
- 12 baby carrots
- 2 celery ribs
- 1 small purple onion (diced fine)
- 118.29 ml black olives (sliced)
- 59.14 ml roasted red pepper (chopped)
- 2 green onions (sliced thin)
- 113.39 g parmesan cheese (grated)
- 14.79 ml capers
- 158.51 ml Italian dressing (your choice of kind)
- Cook tortellini according to package directions.
- Drain, rinse in cold water and drain again.
- Place tortellini in a large bowl and put into fridge to cool.
- Small dice the slab of ham.
- Drain artichoke hearts.
- Cut each baby carrot into quarters, longways.
- Cut each celery stalk into sticks, then cut sticks into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Put all ingredients into the bowl with the tortellini, season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Stir gently to mix all ingredients well, and place back into fridge until you are ready to serve.
What a great summer one dish supper. DH & myself really enjoyed and it made enough for lunch the next day & it was even better after sitting overnight. I omitted the Broccoli because I didn't have any florets. Great flavors, textures and colors. Will make again. Would be great for a potluck too. Thanks for posting. This recipe is a keeper!
We enjoyed this for dinner last night. I did omit the black olives & roasted peppers (personal preference). It went together easily, with the pasta cooking & cooling as I chopped the ham and veggies. The only additions I made were fresh parsley, oregano & a sprinkle of dill. Your dish got a solid 5 stars among my diners! Thanks for sharing your recipe!