Recipe by Bert's Kitchen Witch
There are many recipes on Zaar for Cabbage Roll Casserole, but none are quite the same way as I make it. This Casserole is very similar to how I make my Cabbage Rolls, so this is what I make when the Family wants my Rolls, but I don't have the time to make them.
Top Review by Mustang Sally 54269
We thoroughly enjoyed this recipe. I liked the variety of vegys and spices. I didn't have spicy V8 juice so I improvised and used a combination of hot chili sauce & tomato juice. I increased the meat abit and added some finely chopped fresh jalapeno. To save time, I cooked in my electronic pressure cooker & it worked great. I took the others advice & cut the recipe in 1/2. Wonderful flavours, thanks for sharing.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb ground pork
- 1 1⁄2 cups long grain rice (raw)
- 1 large yellow onion (chopped)
- 1 large green bell pepper (chopped small)
- 4 stalks celery (diced)
- 1⁄2 cup green onion (chopped)
- 1 head cabbage (shredded)
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle spicy hot V8
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9x13-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Brown the ground beef and the ground pork together.
- When meat is done, drain.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir all ingredients together until blended well.
- Spread out into the prepared baking dish, and cover with foil.
- Bake at 350°, for 1-1/2 hours.
- At 45 minutes into cooking, remove from oven, open foil carefully, and stir the casserole well.
- Recover with the foil, and continue baking for the rest of the cooking time.