Bj's Restaurant & Brewhouse Chili by Todd Wilbur
- Brown ground meats in a large saucepan over medium heat. Drain off excess fat.
- Add onion, chili powder, salt, garlic powder, thyme, black pepper, cayenne, and spices, and sauté for an additional 5 minutes.
- Combine flour with water and add mixture to pan.
- Add remaining ingredients, bring chili to a simmer, and then let it simmer uncovered for 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Serve 1 1/4 cups of chili in a bowl or in a carved-out round of sourdough bread. Mix shredded cheeses and then top chili with 1/4 cup of the cheese blend, a tablespoon of sour cream and a tablespoon of chopped green onions on top.