1/1 Photo of Bj's Restaurant & Brewhouse Chili by Todd Wilbur
2 hrs 5 mins
1 hr 45 mins
From www.TopSecretRecipes.com Have not tried this yet, but will very soon. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 2 cups diced onions (1 medium onion)
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pinto beans (with liquid)
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle light beer (use Bass Pale Ale)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1Brown ground meats in a large saucepan over medium heat. Drain off excess fat.
- 2Add onion, chili powder, salt, garlic powder, thyme, black pepper, cayenne, and spices, and sauté for an additional 5 minutes.
- 3Combine flour with water and add mixture to pan.
- 4Add remaining ingredients, bring chili to a simmer, and then let it simmer uncovered for 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- 5Serve 1 1/4 cups of chili in a bowl or in a carved-out round of sourdough bread. Mix shredded cheeses and then top chili with 1/4 cup of the cheese blend, a tablespoon of sour cream and a tablespoon of chopped green onions on top.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bj's Restaurant & Brewhouse Chili by Todd Wilbur
Serving Size: 1 (475 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 643.3
- Calories from Fat 302
- Total Fat 33.6 g
- Saturated Fat 15.3 g
- Cholesterol 114.3 mg
- Sodium 1226.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.4 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 39.6 g