1/1 Photo of Bizooey's Apple Crumble Pie - With Crust Recipe!
1 hr 5 mins
A flavorful apple pie with a flaky, delicious crust that is an all-around favorite! When my daughter was 12, she got the recipe from a cooking class at the Superstore - and she has been making them ever since!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Ingredients for Crust
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 egg yolk
Ingredients for Pie filling
Ingredients for Crumble
- 1For crust, mix together the flour, sugar and salt.
- 2Cut in shortening until the mixture resembles coarse pieces.
- 3Add in yolk and water.
- 4Mix gently until dough is combined.
- 5Roll out the pastry to 1/8" thick. Add flour if it's too sticky.
- 6Gently lay in pie plate and trim edges to fit. Use fingers to create a neat edge for the pie shell.
- 7For the apple filling, peel, core, and slice apples.
- 8Pour lemon juice on apple slices to prevent browning.
- 9Add sugar and cinnamon to apples, mix well.
- 10Arrange apple mixture in pie shell and set aside.
- 11For the crumble, mix all ingredients in a bowl with a fork.
- 12Gently spread over pie, pressing down only slightly.
- 13Sprinkle cinnamon on top of pie.
- 14Bake pie at 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bizooey's Apple Crumble Pie - With Crust Recipe!
Serving Size: 1 (157 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 562.9
- Calories from Fat 259
- Total Fat 28.8 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 58.5 mg
- Sodium 179.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 42.4 g
- Protein 5.0 g