Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This SPECTACULAR salad is a sight to behold! Sometimes I have this for a light nutrient-packed lunch! It happens to be one of my favourites these days. I hope you would let me know your views on this one and I really hope you enjoy this as much as I do.
- 2 medium apples
- 3⁄4 cup bean sprouts
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 orange
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1 medium carrot
- 8 -10 fresh button mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup mint leaf
- 1⁄4 cup coriander leaves
- 2 medium spring onions
- 1 tablespoon salad oil
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 2 whole red chilies
- Core and cut apples into quarters with the skin.
- Thinly slice and sprinkle a little lemon juice.
- Mix lightly.
- Wash tomatoes, cut into quarters and slice.
- Wash, peel and cut carrots lengthwise and slice them thin.
- Peel the orange and discard the seeds and pith.
- Cut the segments into two.
- Clean, wash and chop corriander and mint leaves.
- Wash, trim and slice the sping onions with the greens.
- Wash mushrooms well, drain and slice them.
- Mix with some lemon juice to prevent discolouring.
- Trim lettuce leaves, wash in flowing water.
- Soak in chilled water, to keep them fresh and crisp.
- Trim, de-seed and shred the dried red chillies into flakes.
- Mix the rest of the lemon juice, salad oil, red chilli flakes, chopped corriander and mint leaves.
- Add salt to taste.
- Whisk well.
- Drain the lettuce leaves, tear them apart into bite sized pieces.
- Make a bed of these leaves on the serving dish.
- Lace with one fourth part of the dressing.
- Combine sliced apples, bean sprouts, orange segments, sliced carrots, sliced mushrooms, sliced tomatoes and sliced spring onion.
- Toss them in the remaining dressing.
- Place it on the lettuce bed.
- Serve immediately.