Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
These tiny little buttery cookies are just scrumptious! They are like mini chocolate chip shortbread cookies. The recipe originally came from Quick Cooking magazine.
- 1 cup sweet unsalted butter (no substitutions please)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup mini chocolate chip
- Melt butter, stir in vanilla, then let cool completely.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour and the powdered sugar.
- Stir in the cooled butter mixture along with the mini chocolate chips- this will be quite crumbly.
- Shape into 48 tiny balls (about 1-inch each in size).
- Set dough balls onto ungreased cookie sheets about 2" apart.
- Flatten slightly using either a fork or a heavy glass dipped in a little extra sugar.
- Bake in a preheated 375 F oven just until the edges start to brown (cookies will be whitish)- about 12 minutes.
- Cool on wire racks.
Just finished taking these little "gems" out of the oven. Just one word....SCRUMPTIOUS!! The ingredients are few and so very simple to make. What a treat!! Thanks for sharing these. :-)
These are the easiest cookies Ive ever made..and definitely one of the tastiest. Thanks for posting this Heather I'll be making them a lot.
I love these cookies! They are cute as buttons, easy as 1-2-3 and delicious to boot! I made these for Christmas trays and was really impressed with how nice they looked. The only thing I did differently was to leave the dough in balls and flatten slightly right after removing from the oven. Thanks, Heather!