Recipe by HeatherFeather
These tiny little buttery cookies are just scrumptious! They are like mini chocolate chip shortbread cookies. The recipe originally came from Quick Cooking magazine.
Top Review by Merlot
Just finished taking these little "gems" out of the oven. Just one word....SCRUMPTIOUS!! The ingredients are few and so very simple to make. What a treat!! Thanks for sharing these. :-)
- 1 cup sweet unsalted butter (no substitutions please)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup mini chocolate chip
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter, stir in vanilla, then let cool completely.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour and the powdered sugar.
- Stir in the cooled butter mixture along with the mini chocolate chips- this will be quite crumbly.
- Shape into 48 tiny balls (about 1-inch each in size).
- Set dough balls onto ungreased cookie sheets about 2" apart.
- Flatten slightly using either a fork or a heavy glass dipped in a little extra sugar.
- Bake in a preheated 375 F oven just until the edges start to brown (cookies will be whitish)- about 12 minutes.
- Cool on wire racks.