Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
My grandmother used to make this salad dressing that we would use to dip veggies and drizzle over our salads. It's a little tart, but it was a family favorite. My grandmother would mix herbs or finely chopped veggies once in a while into the dressing as well. Usually we served it just as it was though.
- 1 cup mayonnaise (Miracle Whip would give it a sweeter taste)
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons vinegar (I use apple cider vinegar, but you could also use white vinegar, white vinegar gives it more of that)
- Put mayonnaise into medium sized mixing bowl.
- Pour heavy whipping cream into bowl with mayonnaise; stir until well blended.
- Stir in vinegar and season to taste.
Wow, I stumbled across this recipe by accident. My Mom always stretched storebought Miracle Whip this way, and so do I. I use skim milk, curdle it with vinegar, then wisk in the mayonnaise. The dressing isn't as thick as from the jar, so it's easier to toss with greens for a salad.