Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
From the book Crazy About Cupcakes
- 5⁄8 cup unsalted butter
- 5 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 3 large eggs
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 350. Insert liners into a cupcake pan.
- In the top of a double boiler melt the butter and chocolate together. Cool for 5 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl beat the eggs, egg yolks, and sugar with an electric mixer at medium speed until yellow, thick and creamy, about 5 minutes.
- Fold the egg mixture into the melted chocolate-butter mixture until fully integrated. Fold in the flour.
- Fill the cupcake liners two-thirds full. Bake until the sides of the cupcakes look firm but their centers are still soft.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 20 minute Remove the liners gently. Serve warm with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.