Recipe by Mami J
These cupcakes are very easy to make and are dense and rich. Cream cheese frosting recipe included. Cooling time not included. From Something Extra Magazine. Posted for ZWT 6 Germany/Benelux.
Top Review by cooking_neko83
Great recipe! Made these cupcakes for St. Patty's 2011 and loved the addition of the bittersweet chocolate. I've made Guinness Cupcakes from scratch, and I loved the ease of putting this together especially when you're short on time. I did purchase ready made butter cream frosting, but would love to make this again and do the cream cheese version. These an absolute hit at work!
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) chocolate cake mix with pudding
- 1 (12 ounce) bottleguinness extra stout beer or 1 (12 ounce) bottle Guinness draught
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 (4 ounce) bar bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
For the frosting
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon whipping cream
- 2⁄3 cup confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line 24 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Combine cake mix, Guinness, oil and eggs in a large bowl with an electric mixer. Beat on low speed for one minute. Scrape bowl down and beat for 2 minutes on medium.
- Stir in chocolate, and pour batter into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cool completely and frost with cream cheese frosting (recipe follows). Keep refrigerated.
- Cream cheese frosting:.
- Beat all ingredients together until smooth. Frost cooled cupcakes.