1/4 Photos of Bittersweet Guinness Cupcakes
Mami J's Note:
These cupcakes are very easy to make and are dense and rich. Cream cheese frosting recipe included. Cooling time not included. From Something Extra Magazine. Posted for ZWT 6 Germany/Benelux.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) chocolate cake mix with pudding
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle guinness extra stout beer or 1 (12 ounce) bottle Guinness draught
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 (4 ounce) bar bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
For the frosting
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line 24 muffin cups with paper liners.
- 2Combine cake mix, Guinness, oil and eggs in a large bowl with an electric mixer. Beat on low speed for one minute. Scrape bowl down and beat for 2 minutes on medium.
- 3Stir in chocolate, and pour batter into prepared muffin cups.
- 4Bake for 18-22 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 5Let cool completely and frost with cream cheese frosting (recipe follows). Keep refrigerated.
- 6Cream cheese frosting:.
- 7Beat all ingredients together until smooth. Frost cooled cupcakes.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bittersweet Guinness Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (64 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 188.2
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 34.5 mg
- Sodium 232.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 13.5 g
- Protein 2.4 g