Soooo good. I made these and they lasted all of 30 minutes in our house!!! They are really yummy. Its a tad different with the almond extract in it but delicious! I don't usually get 36 out of this, we make ours much bigger then 1 1/2 inch squares.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325.
- 2Butter and flour a 9 inch square cake pan.
- 3In a double broiler, melt chocolate and butter over hot, not simmering,water and stir to blend thoroughly.
- 4Set aside to cool.
- 5In a large bowl, beat the eggs until light and frothy.
- 6Gradually add the sugar and blend thoroughly.
- 7Add the cooked chocolate mixture and chopped walnuts and stir well to blend.
- 8One tablesoon at a time, add the flour, stirring after each addition.
- 9Beat in the coffee and the vanilla and almond extracts.
- 10Spoon batter into the prepared cake pan, beginning with the four corners.
- 11When the batter has settled in the pan to a smooth level surface, place the walnut halves in even rows, 6 across and 6 down.
- 12Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the top has firmed. ( the brownies will be quite soft).
- 13Cut the brownies while still hot into 1 1/2 inch squares with a walnut in the center of each.
- 14When cooled, store in an airtight container, with waxed paper between the layers.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bittersweet Fudge Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (23 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 116.4
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 21.9 mg
- Sodium 5.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 1.7 g