Soooo good. I made these and they lasted all of 30 minutes in our house!!! They are really yummy. Its a tad different with the almond extract in it but delicious! I don't usually get 36 out of this, we make ours much bigger then 1 1/2 inch squares.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325.
- 2Butter and flour a 9 inch square cake pan.
- 3In a double broiler, melt chocolate and butter over hot, not simmering,water and stir to blend thoroughly.
- 4Set aside to cool.
- 5In a large bowl, beat the eggs until light and frothy.
- 6Gradually add the sugar and blend thoroughly.
- 7Add the cooked chocolate mixture and chopped walnuts and stir well to blend.
- 8One tablesoon at a time, add the flour, stirring after each addition.
- 9Beat in the coffee and the vanilla and almond extracts.
- 10Spoon batter into the prepared cake pan, beginning with the four corners.
- 11When the batter has settled in the pan to a smooth level surface, place the walnut halves in even rows, 6 across and 6 down.
- 12Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the top has firmed. ( the brownies will be quite soft).
- 13Cut the brownies while still hot into 1 1/2 inch squares with a walnut in the center of each.
- 14When cooled, store in an airtight container, with waxed paper between the layers.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bittersweet Fudge Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (23 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 116.4
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 21.9 mg
- Sodium 5.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 1.7 g