Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Soooo good. I made these and they lasted all of 30 minutes in our house!!! They are really yummy. Its a tad different with the almond extract in it but delicious! I don't usually get 36 out of this, we make ours much bigger then 1 1/2 inch squares.
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Butter and flour a 9 inch square cake pan.
- In a double broiler, melt chocolate and butter over hot, not simmering,water and stir to blend thoroughly.
- Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs until light and frothy.
- Gradually add the sugar and blend thoroughly.
- Add the cooked chocolate mixture and chopped walnuts and stir well to blend.
- One tablesoon at a time, add the flour, stirring after each addition.
- Beat in the coffee and the vanilla and almond extracts.
- Spoon batter into the prepared cake pan, beginning with the four corners.
- When the batter has settled in the pan to a smooth level surface, place the walnut halves in even rows, 6 across and 6 down.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the top has firmed. ( the brownies will be quite soft).
- Cut the brownies while still hot into 1 1/2 inch squares with a walnut in the center of each.
- When cooled, store in an airtight container, with waxed paper between the layers.