Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
To keep the natural juices sealed inside the skin, always use tongs when turning chicken, to prevent piercing.
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 lbs chicken (cut up into pieces)
- 8 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup orange-flavoured liqueur
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 1 tablespoon soya sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degree In plastic bag combine flour, salt and pepper.
- Add chicken, coat completely with flour.
- Melt 4 tbsp butter of butter.
- Roll chicken in butter, making sure to coat all sides.
- Place chicken skin side down in pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- In saucepan melt remaining 4 tbsp butter.
- Stir in lemon juice, liqueur, honey, orange zest and soya sauce.
- Turnover chicken pieces.
- Pour honey mixture over chicken.
- Continue baking an additional 30 minutes or until chicken is glazed and tender.
Hi BK, I made this chicken tonight for dinner and it waas thoroughly enjoyed by all I had orange liqueur left over from the holidays that needed to be used up, the only change I might make next time is to reduce the orange liqueur slightly, I will be making this again soon, we loved it, thank for sharing hon!...Kitten:)
This was really good BK. I loved the sauce, however mine didnt glaze the chicken like I thought it would, it stayed very liquidy and I was afraid that if I cooked it longer the chicken would get too dried out. I tried to thicken a small amount of the sauce but it changed the taste to me. The best thing that I took the meat off the bones and put it in the sauce and refrigerated it. It was wonderful on a salad the next day with some mandarin orange slices, sliced almonds and rice noodles! When I make this again I am going to only do boneless breasts and not cook as long and brown on the stove. I also used orange juice in place of the liqueur. Thanks BK for a great recipe!