Recipe by Baby Kato
To keep the natural juices sealed inside the skin, always use tongs when turning chicken, to prevent piercing.
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
Hi BK, I made this chicken tonight for dinner and it waas thoroughly enjoyed by all I had orange liqueur left over from the holidays that needed to be used up, the only change I might make next time is to reduce the orange liqueur slightly, I will be making this again soon, we loved it, thank for sharing hon!...Kitten:)
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 lbs chicken (cut up into pieces)
- 8 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup orange-flavoured liqueur
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 1 tablespoon soya sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degree In plastic bag combine flour, salt and pepper.
- Add chicken, coat completely with flour.
- Melt 4 tbsp butter of butter.
- Roll chicken in butter, making sure to coat all sides.
- Place chicken skin side down in pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- In saucepan melt remaining 4 tbsp butter.
- Stir in lemon juice, liqueur, honey, orange zest and soya sauce.
- Turnover chicken pieces.
- Pour honey mixture over chicken.
- Continue baking an additional 30 minutes or until chicken is glazed and tender.