Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
I love bittersweet chocolate more than any other kind and I'm going to start collecting bittersweet recipes. This is a GREAT way to start.
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups walnuts, chopped into large pieces (or pecans)
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped into chunks
- Position the racks in the upper and lower thirds of the oven and heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment or wax paper.
- In a small bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt thoroughly; set aside.
- Place 8 ounces of chocolate and the butter in a large heatproof bowl in a wide skillet of barely simmering water and stir frequently just until melted and smooth. Remove the chocolate from the skillet and set it aside.
- Leave the heat on under skillet.
- In a large heatproof bowl, whisk eggs, sugar and vanilla thoroughly.
- Set the bowl in the skillet and stir until the mixture is lukewarm.
- Stir the egg mixture into the warm (not hot) chocolate.
- Stir in the flour mixture, then the nuts and chocolate chunks.
- Scoop slightly rounded tablespoons of batter 1 1/2 inches apart onto cookie sheets.
- Bake until the surface of the cookies looks dry and set, but the center is still gooey, 12 to 14 minutes.
- If you used parchment or wax paper, carefully slide the cookies, still on paper, onto racks, or set the pans on the racks. Otherwise, let the cookies firm up on the pans for a minute, then transfer them to the racks with a metal pancake turner.
- Let cool completely.
- Store in a tightly sealed container.
Delicious dark, bittersweet, perfectly textured cookies. Why bother with chocolate chip when you can have these. Since trying this recipe, I crave a batch of these every few months. Yum!!!!!!!
They are really very similar to decandente brownies and so gooood (as Sharon said).<br/>The recipe is very easy and fast. I baked them 12 minuts using the convection oven and I got 3 tray of them. I used an ice scooper to place the dough onto the trays, that's the easiest way.<br/>I'm glad I prepared them as I love dark chocolate and walnuts.<br/>These will be a nice and tasty additio to my cookies basket for Christmas 2013.<br/>Thanks a lot for this recipe
These truly are decadent and so goooood! I love all the walnuts and of course, the bittersweet chocolate! Thanks! Made for Photo tag.