Recipe by Marg (CaymanDesigns)
From Land O' Lakes...This intense chocolate flavor is for dark chocolate lovers only!
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 3 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened baking chocolate
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (1 ounce) square white baking bar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon shortening
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 325°F Combine 1/2 cup butter and cream cheese in small bowl. Beat at medium speed until smooth. Reduce speed to low; add all remaining shell ingredients. Beat until well mixed. (Mixture will be crumbly.).
- Shape dough into 24 (1 1/4-inch) balls. Place one ball of dough into each ungreased mini muffin cup. Press dough evenly on bottom and up sides of muffin cup.
- Melt baking chocolate and 3 tablespoons butter in small saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally, until smooth (2 to 3 minutes). Remove from heat. Cool 5 minutes. Stir in all remaining filling ingredients.
- Spoon filling into each shell. Bake for 26 to 28 minutes or until filling is set. Cool in pans 5 minutes. Carefully remove tartlets from pan. Cool completely on cooling racks over waxed paper.
- Melt white baking bar and shortening in 1-quart saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally, until smooth (2 to 4 minutes). Drizzle glaze over tartlets.