Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A friend served this a few months ago and it was out of this world. It is also lower in sugar than most sorbets. I'm entering the recipe so I don't lose it. Enjoy.
- 473.18 ml water
- 118.29 ml granulated sugar
- 118.29 ml cocoa powder
- 56.69 g bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1. Put all the ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Take off the heat and let cool.
- 2. Freeze the mixture in an ice cream machine until set. Alternatively, you may pour the mixture into a shallow pan and freeze in your freezer until semi-solid.
- 3. Take the mixture from the freezer, chop into several pieces, and process in the chilled bowl of a food processor or blender until well blended. Return to the freezer for at least another two hours before serving.
- Please note: Cooking time does not include time in ice cream maker or freezer.
All of the wonderful bittersweet flavor and none of the heavy cream fat of ice cream. What could be better! :D. Super simple to make, I did add a pinch of sea salt and a wee splish of vanilla. I ended up with my version of total perfection. Fab recipe.