Recipe by Omm
A friend served this a few months ago and it was out of this world. It is also lower in sugar than most sorbets. I'm entering the recipe so I don't lose it. Enjoy.
Top Review by Annacia
All of the wonderful bittersweet flavor and none of the heavy cream fat of ice cream. What could be better! :D. Super simple to make, I did add a pinch of sea salt and a wee splish of vanilla. I ended up with my version of total perfection. Fab recipe.
- 473.18 ml water
- 118.29 ml granulated sugar
- 118.29 ml cocoa powder
- 56.69 g bittersweet chocolate, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Put all the ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Take off the heat and let cool.
- 2. Freeze the mixture in an ice cream machine until set. Alternatively, you may pour the mixture into a shallow pan and freeze in your freezer until semi-solid.
- 3. Take the mixture from the freezer, chop into several pieces, and process in the chilled bowl of a food processor or blender until well blended. Return to the freezer for at least another two hours before serving.
- Please note: Cooking time does not include time in ice cream maker or freezer.