1/2 Photos of Bittersweet Chocolate Pound Cake with Decadent Glaze
1 hr 20 mins
This is the darkest of dark chocolate pound cakes with an incredibly rich decadent glaze. It is beautiful enough for company but great enough to make for our families, who are our greatest critics :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate, melted
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- cold water
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
Dark Chocolate Glaze
- 1CAKE: Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 2Grease and flour a bundt or tube pan.
- 3In a small bowl, combine flour, soda and powder.
- 4In a 2 cup measuring cup, dissolve coffee in hot water and add enough cold water to measure 1 1/2 cups.
- 5In a large mixer bowl, beat granulated sugar, butter and vanilla until creamy.
- 6Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- 7Stir in melted chocolate.
- 8Add flour mixture alternately with coffee mixture.
- 9Pour into prepared pan.
- 10Bake 1 hour or until center tests done.
- 11Cool 30 minutes and remove from pan onto a wire rack.
- 12Cool completely and transfer to serving dish.
- 13Drizzle with glaze and sprinkle with confectioner's sugar, if desired.
- 14GLAZE: Melt chocolate and butter, stirring until smooth.
- 15Remove from heat and stir in confectioner's sugar, alternately with water, until desired consistency is reached.
- 16Stir in vanilla extract.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bittersweet Chocolate Pound Cake with Decadent Glaze
Serving Size: 1 (131 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 543.8
- Calories from Fat 268
- Total Fat 29.8 g
- Saturated Fat 18.2 g
- Cholesterol 101.1 mg
- Sodium 287.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 48.4 g
- Protein 6.5 g