Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Tish Boyle; Makes about 2/3 cup, enough to drizzle onto the top of a 9- or 10-inch Bundt cake
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the chocolate in the bowl of a food processor and process just until finely ground (leave the chocolate in the processor).
- In a small saucepan, bring the cream to a boil.
- Remove from the heat and add the chocolate to the pan.
- Stir until the chocolate is completely melted and the glaze is smooth.
- Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Transfer the glaze to a small bowl; cover the surface of the glaze with a piece of plastic wrap and let cool for about 10 minutes before using.
- To glaze a cake, place the cake on the wire rack over a wax-paper- or foil-lined baking sheet.
- Slowly pour the glaze over the top of the cake, letting it drip down the sides.
- Let glaze set for about 30 minutes before slicing the cake.