Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
In a cookie mood.
Make and share this Bittersweet Chocolate Cream Cheese Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup margarine (1 stick) or 1⁄2 cup butter, softened (1 stick)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate or 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces vanilla candy coating, melted (or white chocolate chips or cubes, beware, though, that white chocolate won't be as wax as candy coa)
- 3⁄4 cup finely crushed peppermint candies or 3⁄4 cup finely chopped pistachio nut
- Heat oven to 375°F Mix sugar, butter, vanilla, egg, cream cheese and chocolate in large bowl until smooth. Mix flour, baking powder and salt; stir into butter mixture.
- Divide dough in half. Roll each half 1/8 inch thick on lightly floured cloth-covered surface with cloth-covered rolling pin. Cut into desired shapes with cookie cutters. Place about 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until dry and set. Remove from cookie sheet. Cool on wire rack.
- Roll edge of cookies about 1/4 inch deep in candy coating; immediately roll in candies or pistachios.
- Place on waxed paper.
- Let stand about 10 minutes or until coating is set.