In a cookie mood.
My Private Note
dozen 2 ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup margarine (1 stick) or 1/2 cup butter, softened (1 stick)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate or 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces vanilla candy coating, melted (or white chocolate chips or cubes, beware, though, that white chocolate won't be as wax as candy coa)
- 3/4 cup finely crushed peppermint candies or 3/4 cup finely chopped pistachio nut
- 1Heat oven to 375°F Mix sugar, butter, vanilla, egg, cream cheese and chocolate in large bowl until smooth. Mix flour, baking powder and salt; stir into butter mixture.
- 2Divide dough in half. Roll each half 1/8 inch thick on lightly floured cloth-covered surface with cloth-covered rolling pin. Cut into desired shapes with cookie cutters. Place about 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- 3Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until dry and set. Remove from cookie sheet. Cool on wire rack.
- 4Roll edge of cookies about 1/4 inch deep in candy coating; immediately roll in candies or pistachios.
- 5Place on waxed paper.
- 6Let stand about 10 minutes or until coating is set.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bittersweet Chocolate Cream Cheese Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1026 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 671.5
- Calories from Fat 274
- Total Fat 30.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.5 g
- Cholesterol 54.8 mg
- Sodium 481.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 90.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 50.4 g
- Protein 9.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: