Recipe by SkinnyMinnie
These just sound yummy!! Especially for us coffee and chocolate lovers. Times are a guesstimate.
Top Review by Karen=^..^=
These were tasty, but they pretty much came out like chocolate chip brownies. Although I used very strong coffee, the flavor barely came through. Maybe using some instant coffee powder instead of prepared coffee would bring the flavor out better. Thanks for sharing though...I will try it with instant and see how it comes out.
- 1 1⁄4 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup strong coffee, cold
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Grease 13x9-inch pan.
- In a large bowl, beat butter until smooth. Slowly add sugar; beat until fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add cappuccino and vanilla; beat until well-blended.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Add to butter mixture; mix just until combined.
- Stir in chocolate. Spoon and spread batter in pan.
- Bake for 20-25 min or until toothpick inserted in center comes out with a few crumbs attached.
- Cool 20 min and cut into bars.