3 hrs 20 mins
if you like dark chocolate this is the fudge for you
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Line a 13x9 metal baking pan with foil, leaving overhang.
- 2Combine first 4 ingredients in large bowl.
- 3Stir sugar, and evaporated milk in heavy large deep saucepan over medium heat until sugar dissolves and mixture comes to a boil.
- 4Attach clip on candy thermometer to side of pan.
- 5Boil until temperature registers 234* F, stirring constantly and adjusting the heat to avoid boiling over, about 10 minutes.
- 6Immediately pour milk mixture over chocolate mixture.
- 7Whisk until chocolate and butter melt and fudge is smooth.
- 8Mix in nuts and vanilla.
- 9Spread fudge evenly in prepared pan.
- 10Refrigerate uncovered until cold and set -- about 3 hours.
- 11Using foil as an aid, lift fudge from pan. Cut crosswise into 7 strips, then lengthwise into 5 strips.
- 12Return to pan and cover and chill.Can be made 2 weeks ahead.
- 13Keep covered and chilled.
- 14Bring to room temperature before serving.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bittersweet Chocolate and Walnut Fudge
Serving Size: 1 (1815 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 151.0
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 10.8 mg
- Sodium 12.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 18.4 g
- Protein 1.7 g