Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Take these to a picnic and watch them go!
Make and share this Bittersweet Beachside Brownies recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs good-quality bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup unsalted butter, plus
- 1 -2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 6 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- nonstick cooking spray or 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, to grease the pan
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, melt the chocolate with the 1 cup butter, stirring occasionally; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and both sugars.
- Stir in the melted chocolate and butter.
- Stir in the vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- Stir the flour mixture into the chocolate mixture until well combined.
- Grease a 13 by 9-inch pan with nonstick cooking spray or the 1-2 tablespoons of butter.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 30 to 40 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the brownies cool to room temperature before cutting into 3-inch squares.
These brownies are too good to take to a picnic! My sweet-tooth DH would never allow it! I made a half recipe using a makeshift dbl boiler to melt the butter/choc mix & otherwise made as written. They cut like a brownie, look like an extra-rich choc cake & taste like moist & chewy choc heaven! Frosting, powd sugar or whipped cream would be definite overkill, but I'm thinking frozen yoghurt would be TDF. Thx for sharing this spec sweet treat w/us. :-)
ok so i wasn't too fond of these the first day, as I added frosting that needed to be refridgerated and the brownies were really thick. HOWEVER, once they got to room temperature (as they should be eaten i think) they were amazing and i got several requests for the recipe! delicious!
Super-yummy-chewy-fudgey/ with a hint of spicy-ness. Beefier than the average-joe brownie. Tender-rich...I could go on and on... Oh and BTW, they freeze quite nicely.