Recipe by Sharon123
Take these to a picnic and watch them go!
Top Review by twissis
These brownies are too good to take to a picnic! My sweet-tooth DH would never allow it! I made a half recipe using a makeshift dbl boiler to melt the butter/choc mix & otherwise made as written. They cut like a brownie, look like an extra-rich choc cake & taste like moist & chewy choc heaven! Frosting, powd sugar or whipped cream would be definite overkill, but I'm thinking frozen yoghurt would be TDF. Thx for sharing this spec sweet treat w/us. :-)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs good-quality bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup unsalted butter, plus
- 1 -2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 6 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- nonstick cooking spray or 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, to grease the pan
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, melt the chocolate with the 1 cup butter, stirring occasionally; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and both sugars.
- Stir in the melted chocolate and butter.
- Stir in the vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- Stir the flour mixture into the chocolate mixture until well combined.
- Grease a 13 by 9-inch pan with nonstick cooking spray or the 1-2 tablespoons of butter.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 30 to 40 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the brownies cool to room temperature before cutting into 3-inch squares.