Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A dark bark with a touch of cinnamon a new recipe from BHG
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, broken into chunks
- 1⁄3 cup red cinnamon candies, such as red hots,i double this recipe as it makes a small batch,i also added in additonal red hots
- Place parchment or wax paper on a cookie sheet, set aside.
- In a small heavy saucepan, (non stick works best) melt chocolate over low heat, stir often and be patient.
- When melted, remove from heat.
- Working quickly, stir in about a third of the cinnamon candies.
- Immediately turn chcolate out onto parchment or wax paper.
- With back of spoon or rubber spatula (sprayed with pam) spread out chocolate mixture until candies are in a single layer.
- Sprinkle remaining candies on top and place in freezer for 10-15 minutes, or until hard.
- You must work quickly.
- Store bark in freezer or fridge until ready to serve.
- Break bark into pieces by dropping tray a few times or use a flat meat tenderizer.
Can't stop eating the stuff! Love it..love it...love it!!!!