This recipe came from an 83year old woman that I work for. She can't remember where she got it but I'm sure glad that she wrote it down! I have also used this recipe with skinless chicken thighs.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt margarine in large skillet. Add chicken and brown. Remove chicken from skillet.
- 2Add flour,sugar,salt,dry mustard,and cinnamon to skillet. Stir to make a smooth paste.
- 3Add juice and stir until it thickens.
- 4Add chicken.
- 5Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- 6Add rind or mandarins or ginger or all three.
- 7Simmer 5 minutes longer.
- 8Serve over rice or mashed potatoes. Plenty of gravy!
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bitter Orange Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (338 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 728.2
- Calories from Fat 309
- Total Fat 34.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 92.8 mg
- Sodium 1105.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 54.2 g
- Protein 33.9 g