Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe came from an 83year old woman that I work for. She can't remember where she got it but I'm sure glad that she wrote it down! I have also used this recipe with skinless chicken thighs.
- 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 3 -5 chicken breasts
- 6 tablespoons white flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cups orange juice
- 1 orange, rind of (optional)
- 1 (10 ounce) can mandarin oranges (drained) (optional)
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger (optional)
- Melt margarine in large skillet. Add chicken and brown. Remove chicken from skillet.
- Add flour,sugar,salt,dry mustard,and cinnamon to skillet. Stir to make a smooth paste.
- Add juice and stir until it thickens.
- Add chicken.
- Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add rind or mandarins or ginger or all three.
- Simmer 5 minutes longer.
- Serve over rice or mashed potatoes. Plenty of gravy!