Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This melon is bitter but the beef with mild in out.
- 1 lb flank steak, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 8 bitter melons, remove seed and slice 1/2 inch slice
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons black bean paste, Chinese
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sweet soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons oyster sauce
- In a mixing bowl add beef, salt and oil to coat the meat and let stand for 15 minutes.
- In a high wok add the beef mixture and saute until the meat is halfway cook. Add in the melons slice, ginger, garlic and black bean sauce and stir fry for 5 minutes. Add in the water and bring to a boil and stirring at all time. Taste a piece of the melon for tenderness adds more water if needed. Simmer the mixture add in the sweet soy sauce and oyster to taste.