1/1 Photo of Bitter Melon and Eggs/ Mara Pad Kai
Missy Wombat's Note:
A Thai dish that lets you use bitter melon, which certainly lives up to its name!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the bitter melon in half lengthwise, remove the seeds and slice each half crosswise in thin pieces.
- 2Beat the eggs in a bowl with 1 to 2 tsp of light soy sauce and a dash of ground white pepper.
- 3Heat a wok until its surface begins to smoke.
- 4Swirl in the oil and let heat 10 to 15 seconds.
- 5Add the bitter melon and sauté in the oil for about one minute.
- 6Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of light soy sauce and continue to sauté for another 1 to 2 minutes, or until the melon starts to soften.
- 7Spread the melon pieces thinly over the wok surface.
- 8Pour the beaten eggs evenly over the melon pieces.
- 9Let eggs set about half a minute, then flip the mixture over to cook the other side.
- 10Cook until eggs are set and lightly browned.
Browse Our Top Egg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bitter Melon and Eggs/ Mara Pad Kai
Serving Size: 1 (36 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 99.2
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 105.7 mg
- Sodium 286.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 3.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: