Vic Krishnan (Kannan)'s Note:
I believe, the secret of tasty food is a balance of Sourness, Sweetness, Bitterness and Hotness and to bring them all together, a pinch of salt.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soak the Tamarind in warm water and take out the pulp.
- 2Cut the bitter marrow into 1cm cubes and set aside.
- 3Cut the chillies into very small pieces and set aside.
- 4Add olive oil onto Wok. Add the bitter marrow onto the olive oil and set the fire on simmer. Add the turmeric powder.
- 5The bitter marrow will slowly cook and dehydrate in 15mts.
- 6Add the chillies and mix well. The chillies will soften in 5 minutes.
- 7Add the tamarind pulp, and add salt. Add enough water to cover the ingredients in the Wok and cook in a slow fire.
- 8After 15 minutes of simmerring, add the Brown Sugar and mix well.
- 9Once the gravy reaches a consistency, add the Hing (Asefoetida) and mix well for couple of minutes more and take off fire.
- 10Serve with Rice or Indian Bread. Can also be served as a pickle with Curd-Rice.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bitter Marrow in Tamarind Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (20 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 131.4
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 780.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 12.6 g
- Protein 0.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
red bird's eye chilies