Posted in answer to a request. It is said that it helps keep diabetes in check.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash and gently scrape the karelas so that the ridges diasappear and some skin remains on the vegetable.
- 2Cut into roundels or semi circles- if the seeds are ripe, discard, or else retain the seeds.
- 3Sprinkle turmeric powder and salt over the karelas and mix well.
- 4Keep aside for half an hour for the bitter juices to run out.
- 5After half hour, squeeze the karelas of any liquid that might remain in them and discard all the liquid.
- 6Heat oil in a wok or frypan.
- 7Add whole saunf, give it a few twirls and immediately throw in the squeezed karelas.
- 8Stir for 2 minutess.
- 9Add yogurt and cook till the yogurt comes to a rolling boil.
- 10Cover, lower heat and cook till the karelas are tender.
- 11Uncover, add ground fennel and chaat masaala.
- 12Cook, without covering, till all the liquid has dried.
- 13Check to see if you require more salt.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bitter gourd in Yogurt
Serving Size: 1 (22 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 52.8
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 1.9 mg
- Sodium 589.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 0.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: