Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Angela brought this to Mom's group and it is now a favorite! Please note that you need the toffee bits not crushed Heath bars.
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar (granulated)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (8 ounce) packageheath toffee pieces (by Hershey)
- Mix cream cheese, brown sugar, white sugar and vanilla with an electric mixer until well combined.
- Add Toffee bits and mix well.
- Serve with apple slices or other fruit for dipping.
We all (30 people) loved this! No one at the party yesterday had ever eaten this fruit dip before and it was a huge hit. The only change I made was to beat in 1/3 cup of sour cream as it was a bit too stiff for dipping without it. It also cut some of the sweetness a touch. I think next time I'll also omit the 1/4 cup white sugar for that reason. In any case, this will be a dip that I make many more times. Can't wait until apple season is in full swing here in MN, as this dip is designed for nice tart apples. Thanks for posting such a great recipe, luvinlif2k!!
This is a dip that I have been making for years. It is always a big hit and the recipe gets tossed around alot. If you use apples, soak them in pineapple juice to avoid browning.