Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
The combinations in the recipe are endless and fun to play around with!! Use my suggestions or make up your own! I have even sprinkled this over salad greens. Yum!!!
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 egg white
- 2 1⁄2-3 cups unsalted nuts (use one or a combination of nuts eg ( cashews, whole almonds, pecan halves, pistachios, soy nuts)
Rest of Ingredients
- 1⁄2 cup wasabi peas
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup dark raisin
- 1⁄2 cup dried blueberries (optional)
- Preheat oven to 300.
- Stir sugar with spices. Whisk egg white until frothy and white. Whisk in spice mixture, Add nuts and stir until coated. Spread in a large roaster in a single layer.
- Bake in oven, stirring 3 - 4 times and spreading into a single layer until nuts are dry and roasted; 30 - 40 minutes.
- Individual nuts whould be dry but may stick a little to each other; they will dry completely on cooling.
- Toss with wasabi peas and cranberries, raisins and blueberries.