Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A simple yet elegant Japanese appetizer.
Make and share this Bite-Sized Pepper Steaks recipe from Food.com.
- Pat the coarse-ground black pepper onto both sides of the beef until the meat is well coated.
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan.
- Add the garlic, and saute until fragrant.
- Add the meat and cook until browned on both sides.
- Add the sugar, mirin, and soy sauce, and cook until the liquid thickens and coats the meat.
- Cut the meat into bite-sized cubes and arrange on a serving dish.
- Garnish with the buckwheat or cress leaves.
These are to die for!!! I was a little skeptical at first about taking a fine piece of steak and coating it with soy/mirin but terrific. A great appetizer.