Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Bite sized margarita cheesecakes use corn chips as the crust with the salt complimenting the margarita filling.
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup tequila
- 1⁄4 cup triple sec
- 1 (6 ounce) can frozen limeade concentrate, thawed
- 1 (16 ounce) bag Tostitos Scoops
- non-dairy whipped topping
- mint sprigs (to garnish) or lime zest (to garnish)
- Combine sweetened condensed milk and cream cheese until well mixed.
- Stir in tequila, triple sec, and limeade concentrate.
- Spoon one tablespoon of mixture into each corn chip bowl.
- Chill at least two hours.
- Just before serving, top with a dab of whipped cream and a sprig of mint or a sprinkle of lime zest.
Really cute idea! I made it the night before and let it sit in the fridge. I liked it best as proscribed in the recipe, but concur that 2 hours is the max on holding these without the chips starting to get soggy and breaking apart. The lime zest garnish was cute and really added a nice flavor. I also served the extra in a bowl with chips for dipping (for late-comers, so the chips wouldn't be soggy), which was not as enjoyed as much. But guests did enjoy eating it as a dip with vanilla wafers and fruits. It is very sweet, so I did omit the whipped topping and everyone commented that they preferred it only in small quantities, so the little scoop bites were perfect. Thanks for sharing!
Made the filling and kept in the fridge overnight for flavors to develop. Easy to fill come serving time. Sweet little things, maybe a tad too sweet - five out of six here preferred the tarts with no whipped topping, the one that did, well, we call here the CoolWhipQueen, lol. I'll definitely make these again. Made fot the TexMex Photo Challenge.
These really do have an authentic margarita flavor and the salty corn chips are an excellent pairing. I found that the little bites were best about 2 hours after prepared. After that, the chips became a little soggy and lost their crunch. These would be a fun ending to Tex-Mex meal. Hubby suggested that the cheesecake be used as a dip with the chips as an alternative serving option.