Recipe by Keepsakeangel
Bite sized margarita cheesecakes use corn chips as the crust with the salt complimenting the margarita filling.
Top Review by Starrynews
Really cute idea! I made it the night before and let it sit in the fridge. I liked it best as proscribed in the recipe, but concur that 2 hours is the max on holding these without the chips starting to get soggy and breaking apart. The lime zest garnish was cute and really added a nice flavor. I also served the extra in a bowl with chips for dipping (for late-comers, so the chips wouldn't be soggy), which was not as enjoyed as much. But guests did enjoy eating it as a dip with vanilla wafers and fruits. It is very sweet, so I did omit the whipped topping and everyone commented that they preferred it only in small quantities, so the little scoop bites were perfect. Thanks for sharing!
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup tequila
- 1⁄4 cup triple sec
- 1 (6 ounce) can frozen limeade concentrate, thawed
- 1 (16 ounce) bag Tostitos Scoops
- non-dairy whipped topping
- mint sprigs (to garnish) or lime zest (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sweetened condensed milk and cream cheese until well mixed.
- Stir in tequila, triple sec, and limeade concentrate.
- Spoon one tablespoon of mixture into each corn chip bowl.
- Chill at least two hours.
- Just before serving, top with a dab of whipped cream and a sprig of mint or a sprinkle of lime zest.