Recipe by Lalaloula
This recipe makes for a rich, dark sturdy brownie that has an intense chocolate smell and flavour. The original comes from this fabulous blog http://www.ohladycakes.com/2012/04/bite-size-brownies.html. Using margarine and a vegan chocolate this can easily be veganised.
- 3 tablespoons butter (or margarine)
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate chips (I used milk chocolate)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar (original says 3/4 c)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon flax seed meal
- 1⁄8 cup water
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup milk (can use non-dairy)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter and chocolate either using your microwave or a double boiler.
- Stir to combine.
- Stir in sugar and vanilla extract.
- Combine flax seed meal in a microwafe safe bowl and microwave on high for 30 seconds. Add to the chocolate butter mixture and stir to combine.
- In another bowl combine salt, baking soda, cocoa and flour.
- Add the wet ingredients and stir with a spatula until just combined. The dough will be very thick.
- I needed to add about 1/4 c milk to achieve a thick, but smooth dough. This will depend on the flours and chocolate you use, so eyeball it.
- Transfer dough to a paper-lined or greased mini muffin tin and bake in the preheated oven at 180°C/350 ° F for 15-20 minutes. The top should be firm, but a toothpick inserted into the centre should still hold some crumbs.
- Cool on a wire rack.